HMS Victory

As for the second one HeHeHe! As a Yoof, I used to park my Austin ipsy on the slipway at La Haule, the slip goes down to the beach with a nice flat area of sand. Hire cars in Jersey have a specific clause in the contract that you won't take them onto the beach. A lot of Grocks (local name for tourists ) used to park on the slip and then drive onto the beach to turn, not having local knowledge they didn't know of that area of soft sand to one side. And there was ever helpful me with a tow rope offering to pull them out, for a fiver. Any arguments, well read your hire contract, its going to cost a lot more and you loose the car. In the days when £15 was good wage two or three a week over the summer was well worth it.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I had a great day out visiting HMS Victory, the guided tour was fantastic! The only downside was not being able to take photos once onboard.

The car was down by the docks, I reckon the owner parked it there when the tide was out!!

Are you not allowed to take pics rambo.?

We were there in June this year and were able to take photos!?!

Steve

Thats why i asked we did,there in the navy day thread.

On the HMS Victory website

Strange, no one stopped anyone,everyone was at it,maybe its because its still in service,dunno,does anyone.?if thats the case they would have to stop people taking pics on navy day.